Food is the foundation upon which the body’s energy is produced and is at the core of Traditional Chinese Medicine. At Orchid, we provide nutritional plans based upon your individual needs to improve your health and well-being.
Our dietary and nutritional needs change during each phase of our life, with seasonal or climate changes and with the level of activity in our lives. Thus, we all need to periodically readjust.
Daily meals form the foundation of our nutritional, biochemical and energetic health. The foods we eat on a regular basis determine how much energy we have available throughout the day. The foods we choose also profoundly influence our moods. For example, sugar gives a great initial feeling, while prolonged, excessive use can contribute to feelings of depression, low energy, mental fog and even to outbursts of anger and frustration.
By selecting foods which suit our constitution and health needs, our bodies are able to work more efficiently, heal themselves, and experience optimal health.
- Eat only foods that agree with you. If something gives you gas or indigestion, your body is telling you that it is not right.
- Eat only until you are about two-thirds full.
- Eat a balanced diet; rich in vegetables, with a good amount of healthy protein, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Eat simply; avoid rich foods, especially excess sweets and oily foods.
- Eat primarily cooked foods as they are easier on the digestive system.
- Eat organic, fresh food for the best quality of nutrients and Qi (life force)
- Eat foods appropriate for the season, for your constitutional type, your level of activity, and your location.
- Sit down when eating and enjoy the experience of eating.
- Avoid ice beverages these cool your digestive fire- try drinking water room temperature or warm.